The slides and sample code from my “Windows 8 Development - Deeper Dive” presentation for Metro Toronto User Group are available for download.
The samples archive contains two demo projects:
- MetroDemo demonstrates file system APIs and implementation of Share, File Picker and Search contracts.
- TilesDemo demonstrates the basic manipulations with the application tiles.
Some comments about the MetroDemo project:
- In addition to the contracts demonstrated during the demo, the attached code demonstrates an implementation of the Search contract.
- To see the demo in action your Pictures Library must contain at least one image tagged with some keywords. The keyword can be added in Windows Explorer by selecting the images and entering this data on the Details pane.
- What is ObservableVector.cs: ObservableCollection class is supported by Windows 8 Developer Preview but the change notification events are ignored by WinRT UI controls. ObservableVector class is a workaround to resolve the issue – it wraps an ObservableCollection object and allows us to send the notifications to the UI.